Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July fun and flooding

This is how Thursday started, we had a birthday party for our cousin. The kids were all having fun and my house was all cleaned and ready for my sister and her family to come in to town and stay with us. Then....it started to rain, I was a little worried about Rajah being outside, but never could have imagined what was waiting for me at home! We drove home to change and get ready for family pictures and Lexi went down stairs. The back half of our basement was soaked! At first I thought a little rain had seaked through the window, but after a couple hours later and 10 buckets of water dumped out, I realized just how bad the storm was.
This is just a little taste of what a mess my basement is in right now! And 10 people are here.

Thank you cory and Reid, we could have never done it with your help!



At this point I was thinking- Um this is were all the kids go to get away from us, What NOW?


Well- pictures were cancelled and Grandma & Grandpa brought out pizza for everyone.





1 comment:

  1. Oh I hate floods and how awful when you have company!! We were lucky our drain at the bottom outside stairs was plugged and it let water in but no damage

    ReplyDelete